Thursday, June 17, 2010

Reading

Sorry for the lack of posts as of late. I've been spending a large amount of spare time reading. Mays book was 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' by Jared Diamond. This month I am reading 'The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt' by Edmund Morris.

On the brewing front:
Almost out of American Wheat. Loved this one, will be brewing it again many times.
Gotta bottle 'Starcraft 2 Release: The Beer' this weekend I hope.

On the coding front:
Got maps to import through the content pipeline but the list of tiles is coming up blank, an odd problem. I'm having trouble figuring out why this is happening. Going to post my code to see if people on the XNA forums can help.

On the personal front:
Spent last weekend looking at towns in MD. Getting excited to go house hunting. Looking forward to the move.
Also, reading about TR has me wanting to keep a journal, so I'm keeping one using Evernote. I doubt it will last, frankly. Lastly, kettlebells and situps have been paying off, I've lost about 10-12 pounds over a very slow amount of time, (i started with pushups and situps in January). My pants and shirts are all fitting better lol. Still got a long way to go on the beer belly though.

I think my hobbies are rather well rounded lately. (reading, brewing, working out, coding: mind and body both very active) Tiring as hell though, feels like I'm always at full speed. Possibly part of why I really like reading about TR.

No comments:

Post a Comment