Tuesday, May 31, 2011

TRPG Progress

Without getting into too much detail:

I've converted my existing code to work with XNA 4.0. This was a bit of a pain here and there, but I finally fixed that issue.

I am still having a strange issue where I cant currently add new sounds to my content because of a reoccurring crash when I go to open the sound importing software XNA comes bundled with. I'll eventually need to figure out how to fix this although most of the solutions I've read about sound like a pain in the ass.

I've dropped my old Map code and file structure and brought it Jim Perry's version from his XNA RPG book. In the next few months I'm going to start tweaking it to be more in line with the movement style of a TRPG. I might need to do a lot of work on Entities (characters) in conjunction with this, not sure yet.

The content Toolkit is coming along in line with the engine, but I'm not planing on working on it much for a while until my engine is closer to baseline.

Side note:
Sorry for the long silence. My focus has been primarily on reading and exercise lately, but I'm starting to start bringing back development as a priority. Not enough hours in the day to stay well rounded without dropping some hobbies. Gaming, bass, and hockey have all taken a big hit while exercise and reading have come to the front over the past year.

No comments:

Post a Comment