Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finally Brewing Again!

A few years ago I decided to try homebrewing. I ordered a starter kit, ingredients for an irish red and gave it a try. It was tough work, but the beer was great, and I was able to let people drink beer that I made! What a great feeling. Anyway I fell in love with brewing.
I've brewed:

  • 2 batches of Irish Red (Lungfish)
  • 2-3 batches of Stout (Dark Templar)
  • A Jalapeno Stout (Firebat)
  • A Pilsner (Hyperion)
  • A Smoked Porter (Oseberg)
  • A Dopplebock (Grimnirator)
But since I made Grimnirator around May 2008 I hadn't had any time to brew. There was wedding planning to be done in large amounts, then our wedding in May 2009, then ll sorts of stuff till this fall. But in October I said "If I don't brew I'm gonna murder a baby". So I finally forced in the time and made another batch of Lungfish.

I did a two week primary fermentation followed by a two week secondary. I bottled it a little over a week and a half ago on Nov 8th with help from Andrew, JR, and Tanya. I will be starting to let people try it around Thanksgiving and my Birthday (Next Thurs and the following Sunday respectively.) So hit me up for some beer!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome dude, I have never tasted but I hear great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it comes out ok I'll make sure you get to try it this time.

    ReplyDelete